PENERAPAN STRATEGI THINK ALOUD PAIR PROBLEM SOLVING (TAPPS) TERHADAP KEMAMPUAN PEMECAHAN MASALAH DAN DISPOSISI MATEMATIS SISWA SMA

  • Wawan Irmawan
  • Herri Sulaiman Universitas Swadaya Gunung Jati (UGJ)
  • Dina Pratiwi Dwi Santi
Keywords: Application, Think Aloud Pair Problem Solving (TAPPS) Strategy, Problem Solving Ability, Students' Mathematical Disposition

Abstract

The material of the three-variable linear equation system (SPLTV) is closely related to everyday life, because in general, SPLTV presents story questions regarding life or problems that exist around it. Alternative choices of strategies for problem-solving oriented learning and mathematical dispositions can use the Think Aloud Pair Problem Solving (TAPPS) strategy. In this strategy students are directed to form small groups consisting of two people, one person as the problem solver and one person as a listener who will tell his friends if there is a mistake in solving the problem. The results showed that the improvement of the Think Aloud Pair Problem Solving (TAPPS) learning strategy on students' mathematical problem solving abilities could occur. This is indicated by the results of the t-test, namely 0.015 <0.05, which indicates that the gain in mathematical problem solving ability between the experimental class and the control class is significantly different. In addition, the average score for the posttest experiment was 80.53 and the control class was 76.75. The results of the correlation analysis carried out on the value of student activity and student mathematical problem solving, it is obtained information that between student activity and students' mathematical problem solving ability has a positive and significant correlation or correlation, this is due to the sig value. <0.05 with sig. of 0.00 and α of 0.05) and the magnitude of the positive correlation (+0.922), this means that if student activity increases, then the student's mathematical problem-solving ability will also increase. Meanwhile, the correlation coefficient (R) was 0.857. This means that there is a very strong relationship between student activity and students' mathematical dispositions. In addition to correlation, there is also a t-count value of 10.245> 1.68595 (t (0.05) (40-2)), meaning that in this case the author can reject H0 and accept H1 where from the results of student activity and posttest scores There is an influence between student activity and students' mathematical disposition. After obtaining the correlation and t-value value, it can be seen that the coefficient of determination (R2) is 0.734. This shows that student activity affects the mathematical disposition of students by 73.4%, and the remaining 26.6% is influenced by other factors outside of the activities that occur while implementing the Think Aloud Pair Problem Solving (TAPPS) learning strategy.

Published
2021-02-07